2023.10 for Android
Get the Android version of our map of Iceland onto all of your Android devices (phone or tablet). It is designed to be used in the OruxMaps app, available in Google Play.
The map is based on the same map as our Garmin version except this version has additional data for benches, traffic lights, trash bins and recycle bins in the Greater Reykjavik area.
- Map with all information (Detailed)
- Map without text on height contours and houses and only with important POI's (Focused)
- Two variants of the above maps with special higlighted F-Roads for experienced traveller on a well equipped vehicle
- Hillshade files to add depth to the look of the map
Note: The files are compressed in one 357 MB large ZIP file, so we recommend to download it to a computer and manually install the files to attached Android device.
Updates in this version
- Sauðárkrókur - All buildings added and roads updated
- Kirkjubæjarklaustur - All buildings added and all roads updated
- Skagaströnd - All buildings added and roads updated
- Selfoss - New suburbs, buildings added and roads updated
- Jökulsárlón - Roads and areas updated
- Urriðaholt - New buildings added and roads updated
- Walking paths now visible in more zoom levels
- Reykjavíkur downtown - One way street changes
- Reykjavík - Gróska
- Grafarvogur - Móavegur updated
- Nauthólsvegur - Buildings added
- Reykjavík - Austurhlíð added
- Vellirnir Hafnafirði - More buildings added
- Road 44 Hafnavegur - Road changes via roundabout
- And other undocumented features
Included with this purchase are 4 different versions of the map and basic hillshade files.
- Detailed Map
- Focused Map
- F-Road Special Detailed Map
- F-Road Special Focused Map
- Hillshade files
What is the difference between the files?
Detailed Map - Has everything!
Focused Map - Designed to be less cluttered and shows less indormation than the detailed map:
- No height elevation numbers
- No house numbers on buildings
- No text on some other polygons as well
- No labels on Powerlines
- All secondary POI's are removed with only the most important ones showing
F-Road Special - Changes the colors of all the roads for people who want to get better view when driving on bad unpaved roads:
- All paved roads are gray
- The best quality unpaved roads are brown
- F1 class umpaved roads are yellow
- F2 class unpaved roads are orange
- F3 class unpaved roads (worst quality paths) are red
Hillshade - The basic package for hillshade giving depth to mountains and valleys. For much better quality, see HD Hillshade in the store.
Extras in Android version
- With additional data for benches, traffic lights, trach bins and recycle bins in the Greater Reykjavik area.
© GPSmap.is - Ívar Kjartansson
© National Land Survey of Iceland (Landmælingar Íslands)
© Icelandic Road and Coastal Administration (Vegagerðin)
© LUKR (Landupplýsingakerfi Reykjavíkur)
© Safetravel.is (Slysavarnafélagið Landsbjörg): Crevasee Maps
© OpenStreetMap contributors: Portion of Hiking paths and Roads
And many other contributers in their public and official capacity