Android version 2021.10
This version is installed on your Android™ device (phone or tablet). It is designed to be used with the OruxMaps™ app, available in Google Play™ store.
The map is based on the same map as our Garmin™ version except this version has additional data for benches, traffic lights, trash bins and recycle bins in the Greater Reykjavik area.
- Map with elevation numbers on height contours (detailed)
- Map without elevation numbers on height contours (focused)
- Hillshade files to add depth to the look of the map
Note: The files are compressed in one 188 MB large ZIP file, so we recommend to download it to a computer and manually install the files to attached Android™ device.
Updates in this version
- Large number of hiking trails obtained from OpenStreetMap (over 5600)
- All Poinst-of-Interest buildings, summer houses and farms updated (LMÍ version 17.06.2020)
- A marked walking path to the eruption sites in Geldingadalur
- Suðurlandsvegur: Changed to 4 lane road next to Hádegismói
- Reykjanesbraut: Changed to 4 lane road next to Hafnarfjörður
- New roads next to Keflavik International Airport
- New roads on Flugvallavegi next to Aðalgata in Reykjanesbær
- Ytri-Njarðvík: Lots of roads and buildings updated
- Grindavík: Roads and buildings updated next to Víkurhóp
- Vogar: Roads and buildings updated
- Þorlákshöfn: Buildings updated
- Hveragerði: Roads and buildings updated
- Selfoss: Roads and a lot of buildings updated
- Hella: Stracta hotel added and surroundings
- Hvolsvöllur: Roads and buildings updated
- Vík í Mýrdal: Roads and buildings updated
- Flúðir: Roads and buildings updated
- Höfn í Hornarfirði: Roads and buildings updated
- Stöðvarfjörður: Roads and buildings updated
- Dýrafjarðagöng: New tunnel in Vestfirðir shortens the trip between Reykjavík and Ísafjörður by 27 km
Extras in Android version
- With additional data for benches, traffic lights, trach bins and recycle bins in the Greater Reykjavik area.