Installing map to Garmin Overlander from a Mac
Updated: Jul 10, 2022
Here are directions on how to install our Garmin map to the Garmin Overlander on a Mac computer.
1. Close Garmin Express
2. Press Command+Space Bar and type “Activity Monitor” to start Activity Monitor
3. Close any “Garmin” processes
4. Download and start “Android File Transfer”
5. Power on the Overlander (or other Android-based Garmin navigator)
6. In Android File Transfer find the “Garmin” folder, and then the “Map” folder
7. Drag the Iceland gmapsupp.img file into the “Map” folder. If a gmapsupp.img file already exists, change the Iceland one to gmapsupp1.img
8. On the Overlander, go to Tools > Settings > Navigation > Map and Vehicle > myMaps and ensure that “Íslandkort …” is on the list and checked
Directions donated by Dane Oleson.